Corporate and Business Law Group
Corporate and Business Law Group
Rosenfeld's Corporate and Business Law Group provides a wealth of legal expertise to our clients in a wide range of industries. Our attorneys have represented domestic and international businesses ranging from entrepreneurs and family businesses to Fortune 500 companies in many industries, including entertainment, media, high-tech, internet services, aviation, real estate development, apparel, manufacturing, retail chains, food and beverage, banking and health care.
Business Transactions. Especially as issues relate to entertainment matters, our Corporate and Business Law Group is often called upon for business counseling regarding securities, tax, real estate and international corporate transactions. Our firm also has extensive experience in representing borrowers and lenders of secured and unsecured financing. We deftly handle advice on new merchandising, distribution -- both domestically and abroad, commercial investing and borrowing, syndication of property investments, and mergers and acquisitions. Additionally, we advise on entity selection, lines of credit, joint ventures, project financing and company growth, as well as the complicated legal issues that arise as a result of such business dealings. This group also has significant experience in representing both entities and individuals in complex real estate transactions.
Mergers and Acquisitions. Our attorneys have represented numerous domestic and international clients in all aspects of their merger and acquisition transactions, including
- Pre-transaction planning such as environmental exposure analysis, financial and organizational review, document preparation, and where requested coaching key officers and employees;
- Preparing and reviewing letters of interest and/or intent, including non-disclosure, "no-shop," and "go-shop" provisions;
- Assisting in the conduct of auctions and private negotiations;
- Management of ownership and interest groups such as shareholders and employees;
- Assistance with state and federal regulations such as the WARN and Hart-Scott-Rodino Acts; and
- Closing and post-closing issues, including related public announcements and confidentiality concerns.
Outside General Counsel Services. We provide counsel on the diverse problems faced by business, professional and non-profit clients. Our attorneys have served as inside and outside general counsel for a number of companies. In this role, they have extensive expertise in counseling clients through the growth phase of their businesses and in the coordination of all legal affairs, including human resource issues, negotiating agreements with financing sources, customers, suppliers and employees, and protecting and exploiting intellectual property. This experience enables them to quickly understand the clients’ business, including the customs and practices of its industry, and to proactively prevent unforeseen problems and costly litigation.
Aviation Transactions. Additionally, we have broad experience in all aspects of the aviation business. Our experience began by representing celebrities and studios in the purchase and sale of their aircraft and then negotiating their agreements with flight crews, fixed based operators and repair stations. From there, we represented component manufacturers, repair stations, banks, leasing companies, and corporate aviation departments in connection with component long-term supply and manufacturing contracts and consignment agreements with OEM’s and major airlines, government contracts, salvage aircraft purchases and compliance with FAA regulations, including aircraft modification certification matters and compliance for Part 145 repair stations, drug and alcohol prevention programs and Part 91 and 135 operators.
- Todd W. Bonder
- Stephanie Farzam
- Lawrence S. Kartiganer
- William B. Kirshenbaum
- Jeffrey L. (Jerry) Nagin
- Rami S. Yanni
- Rami Yanni Quoted On "Google" Trademark
- Rami Yanni Discusses Dispute over "Google" Trademark
- Rosenfeld, Meyer & Susman LLP Featured in the Los Angeles Daily Journal
- Rosenfeld, Meyer & Susman Congratulates Attorneys on their Selection as Southern California Super Lawyers and Rising Stars for 2016
- Bill Kirshenbaum Joins RMS as a Corporate Partner