Intellectual Property Group
The firm's Intellectual Property Group has special expertise in handling the complex problems involved in the registration, exploitation and enforcement of the rights to intellectual property, including trademarks, copyrights, rights of publicity, trade secrets and new media rights, both in the transactional and litigation arenas.
The firm is well known for its representation of both creative talent and companies in the entertainment, communication and publishing industries. Lawyers in the Intellectual Property Group are frequently involved in negotiating and documenting agreements to obtain literary and other proprietary materials, which serve as the basis of motion picture, television and interactive multimedia products. Our attorneys have unique and unparalleled expertise in the review and clearance of screenplays, teleplays, chain-of-title and other written material for creative content.
The Intellectual Property Group provides counseling to a wide variety of domestic and international companies. We provide day-to-day business counseling, we also register trademarks, copyrights and domain names, manage clients' trademark portfolios, conduct e-business audits, and document transactions involving intellectual property.
Intellectual Property Group lawyers provide dispute resolution services. We protect clients' interests against piracy, gray market violations, cyber-squatting and cyber-piracy. We handle virtually all types of civil litigation involving intellectual property, such as: trademark, copyright and patent infringement; defamation; right of publicity; trade secret misappropriation; right and invasion of privacy; libel; unfair competition; unfair trade practices and antitrust. Our attorneys are adept at assessing risks of potential IP claims as well. We handle cases for issuers of errors and omissions insurance in the entertainment industry, and frequently render coverage options on related claims.
- Todd W. Bonder
- Ron Dolecki
- Renee A. Farrell
- Eric M. Greenfeld
- Luke Lieberman
- Jeffrey L. "Jerry" Nagin
- Brad S. Small
- Rami S. Yanni
- Rami Yanni Published in World Trademark Review
- Brad Small Joins RMS As Partner
- Rami Yanni Quoted On "Google" Trademark
- Rami Yanni Discusses Dispute over "Google" Trademark
- Rosenfeld, Meyer & Susman Welcomes Partner Rami Yanni
- Todd Bonder Shares Insight into Star Trek Fan Film Dispute
- Todd Bonder Quoted in Daily Journal Story on "Star Trek: Axanar" Fan Film
- Rosenfeld, Meyer & Susman LLP Featured in the Los Angeles Daily Journal
- Rosenfeld, Meyer & Susman Congratulates Attorneys on their Selection as Southern California Super Lawyers and Rising Stars for 2016